[OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cam

Subject: [OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:06:28 -0300

> You've gotta be kidding! I keep my cell phone turned off, unless I'm
> expecting a call, which I usually am not now that I'm retired. And if I
> see my deliberately "off" phone come "on," I'm throwing the damn thing out
> the window. Where I go ain't nobody's business but my own, and I intend to
> keep it that way, whatever it takes. I'm getting really fed up with the
> cowards who so willingly surrender their freedom to an incompetent
> goverment for some imagined security.
>
> Walt

Doesn't your SSR have onstar?
It almost certainly has a "black box" that will tell all if you're ever in
an accident.

My cell phone has GPS which I supposedly turned off. Not that I would know
whether that really works or not. Anyways, up here in Canada the cell phone
only works in half the places I go anyways, the rest of the timethere is no
coverage. Most of the time, like today, I carry it all day in the car but
never turn it on.
Wayne