[OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cam

Subject: [OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:46:53 -0700 (PDT)
Walt screeched:
> You've gotta be kidding! I keep my cell phone turned off,
> unless I'm expecting a call, which I usually am not now that
> I'm retired. And if I see my deliberately "off" phone come
> "on," I'm throwing the damn thing out the window. Where I go
> ain't nobody's business but my own, and I intend to keep it
> that way, whatever it takes. I'm getting really fed up with
> the cowards who so willingly surrender their freedom to an
> incompetent goverment for some imagined security.

First of all, half the time you can't get a decent cell-phone
signal anyway. Not too much to worry about there.

The GPS function is part of the E911 required functionality.
Even when you turn that function off, when you dial 911, the GPS
data is available regardless of the setting.  This only affects
3rd party software that is used for employee location tracking.
"You aren't bothering my dots, are you?"

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com