[OM] Re: Moose's Review Site

Subject: [OM] Re: Moose's Review Site
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:49:07 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> That is a good point. How fast is VueScan? :-)

It's pretty quick. I've never tried to time it, not sure I could, as
it's just part of the processing time and the little % indicator jumps
pretty quickly.
> I need to go back and look at the details of Oliver's review since he
> kind of knocked the Canon software.

As with any reviewer, you have to read carefully and compare with what
you think. They each have their own pet peeves, some of which may not be
issues with others. For example, Phil Askey is ddriven wild by cameras
that stop writing to the card when you open the door. That's just not an
issue for me. I've been using computers for too many decades to pop open
the drive before the write lights is out. I don't even think about it.
Some of the stuff Victor gets worked up about doesn't bother me, but I
sure do appreciate his throughness.

Victor never "got" VueScan either, I think.

Moose