[OM] Re: Moose's Review Site

Subject: [OM] Re: Moose's Review Site
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:29:34 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> .............. I had read the Epson review and
> the comparison to the Canon and had not even looked at the Canon
> review. I wonder whether VueScan will control FARE like does ICE.
> Will have to check that out.

I'm under the impression that VueScan dust removal uses the IR channel
data in it's own way, with it's own algorithms, so you aren't using
either ICE or FARE. I could be wrong.

Certainly Vuescan does a good job at dust removal with the Canon FS4000,
which would be using FARE with it's own software. I don't think I ever
installed the FS4000 Canon software.

So I suppose the ICE vs. FARE speed won't even be an issue if I
useVueScan. But for all I know, I might end up using the scanner
software for the big batches for one reason or another. For big batches,
the quality of the auto settings could make a difference.

Moose