[OM] Re: [OT] Trans-shipping personal goods including cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Trans-shipping personal goods including cameras
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 06:44:54 +0100 (BST)
Hmm,
    I have the same sort of problem...I am sitting here in Colorado wondering
how the hell I will
get all my photo equipment back to the UK on Aug 25th!
Equipment includes 2 Leica M6 bodies, 15mm, 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, and 90mm lenses.
OM4Ti with Tamron
17mm lens, Tokina 35-70mm zoom, Om2n picked up after a CLA (thanks John) and an
Olympus E1 kit
from Cameta. Plus flashguns, various filters etc.
   I have bought a travel vest and intend "filling the pockets" with camera
equipment. Hopefully
that will allow my Billingham 335 bag to pass inspection.
 Also Northwest airlines cabin staff seem to have picked Aug 25th as the day
they will take
industrial action, promising a "day of hell" :-(
   Third whammy...and really most worrying at this moment..my Neice has just
phoned to say that
they are in the middle of a major fire on Casper Mountain Wyoming, with the
fire at present within
1 ml of her house and are under evacuation warning!
  Wonder what tomorrow will bring!
       John Duggan....Colorado
--- Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The problem, as it was discussed with me by a sympathetic ear on the
> other end of my call to FedEx, is that there are no guarantees that
> either the Canadian or British authorities won't slam down even tighter
> restrictions while I'm on vacation, which would effectively hoop me anyways.
> I need a guarantee that I can personally safeguard my equipment on both
> legs of the journey, otherwise I'm just shooting craps.

Regards
  John Duggan,
     Wales, UK

Yahoo! Photos is now offering a quality print service from just 7p a photo.
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com