[OM] Re: [OT] Trans-shipping personal goods including cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Trans-shipping personal goods including cameras
From: Alan Wood <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:19:30 +0100
Garth

You CAN now take hand baggage on flight to and from the UK, but smaller than
was previously allowed.

>From today's announcement at http://www.baa.co.uk

Hand baggage restrictions
In brief, passengers are now permitted to carry ONE item of cabin baggage
through the airport security search point. The cabin bag should be no bigger
than 45cm wide x 35cm long x 16cm deep (17.7" wide × 13.7" long × 6.2"
deep), including wheels, handles, side pockets - equivalent to a small
laptop bag or rucksack.

The restrictions on contents allowed in cabin baggage have now been relaxed
and the items prohibited from cabin baggage are now as follows: Any
cosmetics, any toiletries, including toothpaste, hair gel, lotions, perfume,
deodorant, shaving foam, aerosols, etc, any liquids, any drinks and any
sharp objects.

Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)