[OM] Re: odd lens question

Subject: [OM] Re: odd lens question
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:16:42 -0500

> "Also, to prevent camera shake: When using a tripod, hold the camera
> steady with both hands and press the shutter release with the ball of
> finger, not with the cable release."
This is, although against the grain, useful in some situations, but....

> And also that his 400+ mm Zuiko tests didn't adequately address vibration
> issues; with adequate vibration control he has since seen that they are
> sharper than his tests indicated.
...the amount of effort that is required to achieve the appropriate amount
of damping to achieve good results makes the techniques useful only in a
small amount of situations.

I think, that although perhaps flawed, Gary's tests are a better than
average measure of overall utility.

Bill Pearce