[OM] Re: odd lens question

Subject: [OM] Re: odd lens question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 08:52:55 -0400
Yes, you have it.  Another point of interest is that supposedly (I don't
know where to find it on Oly documents) Olympus always recommended
placing the hands on the camera and pressing down when firing the camera
on a tripod.  Good advice since the pressure and flesh of the hands is a
good vibration damper.  I believe Walt also carries a small bag of lead
shot to drape over the camera which has a similar effect and allows the
hands to be free.

To the best of my knowledge Gary never did any testing with any of these
other methods.  It would be interesting to know, for example, if we
really need to use Walt's heavy bag of shot or is a simple, one pound or
1/2 kilo bag of dried beans sufficient?  Maybe a plastic zip-lock bag
which can be filled with sand or pebbles on location?

Chuck Norcutt