[OM] Re: odd lens question

Subject: [OM] Re: odd lens question
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:05:29 +0100
Christos Stavrou wrote:
> I have a question about the results of these tests in several zuikos..
> How come, the same lens performs differently in different camera
> bodies? What factors should we consider?.. camera shake I guess, but
> what else?..
>
> Christos

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

The closing of the aperture on the lens during exposure is quite a hefty blow,
so can affect sharpness, even with mirror lockup.

Those bodies that pre-fire the shutter using the self-timer give the vibrations
enough time to finish before the exposure is made, and are therefore best for
sharpness testing of lenses. OM2s, OM4, OM2000.

D.