[OM] Re: It's the Wide Angles

Subject: [OM] Re: It's the Wide Angles
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:47:37 -0700
Right and right. Both the Nikon 10.5 fisheye  and the 12-24/4 are
great lenses. There is a bit of barrel distortion on the fisheye
though. The 10.5 is frequently used as an ultra wide angle with the
conversin in Nikon Capture. Klaus Schroiff did a pretty fair test of
the 12-24/4 here:

http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/lenses/nikkor_1224_4/index.htm

Is there an 18mm lens that is free of barrel distortion? As you say
it is all correctable these days.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA