[OM] Re: Photography books, was Re: Candace

Subject: [OM] Re: Photography books, was Re: Candace
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:40:08 -0700

>I don't know about their prices, as I try to buy locally to keep any
>more local used book stores from closing and selling their inventory to
>Powell's.

I check locally first too. And I'm sucessful a lot of the time. If not
then I check ABE which is just a tool (developed in Victoria, BC) for
the small local shops to compete with the likes of Amazon. So if you
shop on ABE you are supporting the little guy. FWIW I've browsed
Powell's many times when my daughter was in school in Portland and have
always found the place, actually several sites, amazing but prices
better elsewhere. Powell's is a family run business and the daughter has
just recently taken over from the old man.

Mike