[OM] Re: 7-14 digital zoom / polarizing effect

Subject: [OM] Re: 7-14 digital zoom / polarizing effect
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 16:57:49 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Funny this "wide angle appears polarized" subject should come up just
> now since I noticed it for the first time yesterday when building this
> pano shot with the A1.
> <http://www.chucknorcutt.com/chatham/>

That's certainly lovely.

But frustrating. Sometimes I'm in awe of how the web allows us to share
images. Other times, like now, I'm frustrated by the limitations.
Panoramas on the web are just too small. Most images on the web are too
small.

I recently have found a way to get people to watch my "slide" shows. I
play meditative music, keep my mouth shut and bill it as meditative
practice. Works like a charm. Just did it again by request.

Anyway, looking at the images on a full 1280x1024 screen is SO much
better than the largest 800 or so pixel max. mostly posted. The visual
impact is much different that the mere numbers suggest.

I know even the images I post are probably a strain for those on slow
connections. And they are so much less than they could be.

Then as soon as someone goes seriously commercial, their images shrink
down to little hints of what's there, so they won't get shop-lifted.

No practical answers in my head, just venting.

Moose