[OM] Re: 1gb Simpletech CF card deal

Subject: [OM] Re: 1gb Simpletech CF card deal
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:24:18 -0700 (PDT)
The special from "Fry's Electronics " the other day here in CA, was 1GB  "60x
speed" for about $12
after rebates (incl no tax return on rebate), for a CF card.

According to electronics trade publications, there are some new higher density
flash technologies
using 3 state logic from Samsung etc, just starting production which should
bring the cost of 4Gb
devices down even more in the next 6 months. It seems the best 4gB device deals
currently in the
US are in the $15-20/GB range. (These aparently are for decent speed devices)
Tim Hughes