[OM] Re: Winder questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Winder questions
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:47:27 -0700
> But, if at the end of the roll, and the camera can't completely wind on
> to the next frame the shutter can't be released and therefore the flash
> can't fire either.  Is there something here I'm missing?  I know, I'm
> too lazy to get up and go try it.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>
>> John Hermanson wrote:
>>
>> The fact that your at the end of the roll should not cause the flash to
>> misfire.  Something else is at play here.

Chuck, I won't question the laziness factor but bear in mind you'll have to burn
a roll of film to get to the testing point.  After I posted I began to rethink
it and if I were not using a winder I wouldn't be able to advance the film and
thus couldn't cock shutter and as you stated, I wouldn't be able to release the
shutter.  So John, are Chuck and I blowing smoke?  Of course I may be thinking
of a cocked shutter ala my OM1 where the shutter release (and flash firing) is
mechanical where in the OM4 it may be electronic in the entire path.

Jay