[OM] Re: Winder questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Winder questions
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:36:29 +0100
Agreed with all you say, Bart.

I just weighed Winder 2, MD1, M15v and M18v, and the difference is not as
big as you think, Darin.  Winder2 with Alkalines is 75% of the weight of MD1
with M15v, with almost identical bulk.  M18v is heavier, but is really
perfect for use with large/long telephoto lenses where the weight helps to
counterbalance the lens/body combination.

NiMH cells are indeed lighter than NiCad - even if you have a "full load",
there is still a c 10% weight saving.

I'll take the commercial aspects of Darin's post off-list!

--
Piers