[OM] Winder questions

Subject: [OM] Winder questions
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 20:11:42 -0700
Forgive me, OM content.

I was doing some macro work with a winder 2 and a T28 that had the control head
off camera via a TTL and T20 connector.  I had a flash mis-fire or two due to
the TTL cable not being fully seated in the camera.  A number of shots later as
I was shooting, no flash again.  The cable seemed to be firmly seated.  It then
dawned on me that I had tried to shoot a couple of shots at the end of the roll.
Does the camera (a 4T) and a Winder 2 figure out it's at the end of the roll and
prevent the flash from firing?

Second question, just of passing interest concerning the Winder 1 vs 2.
The Olympus FAQ at:
http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html#ques_F4

states:

"A more subtle difference is that there is a difference in the operating
voltage at the electrical contacts between the Winder 1 and the
Winder 2, which prevents some *but not all* Winder 1 units
from working with later models, esp. the OM-{2S, 4(T)}"

If I were to buy a winder 1, is there anyway to tell in advance if it would have
this problem with my OM4 and 4T.

PS Walt
The shooting was mostly OM gear, I had a OM4T, a Winder 2, T28 flash, a 65-116
tube with a Cine lens reverse mounted, shooting an eye of a needle with thread
going through it.

The cine lens, needle and thread were not Olympus.

Jay

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets