[OM] Re: (OT) Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Review

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Review
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 09:34:53 +0100
On 09/08/06, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> begin broken record............
>
> IS does not help with subject motion. Low noise at high iso does the
> same thing as IS for camera motion while also reducing blurring from
> subject motion.
>
> end record.......

You're right - I know you're right, but quite often in my photography
I find that selectively leaving a bit of motion blur whilst rendering
the still parts of the image sharply is a good thing. I'm thinking of
those shots of musicians in dimly lit places, where showing that the
hands are moving whilst capturing facial expression gives a more
natural looking image (IMO) than freezing everything. IS can help a
lot with that, especially if you don't have a monopod with you.