[OM] Re: (OT) Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Review

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Review
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 22:04:37 -0500
Interesting, but slightly dissapointing. I like the looks of the camera, and
I think that the price will probably be in line with reality after a few
months. However...

What I want is the lens. And an E thing to put it on. I've decided that
somewhere around 10mp is my sweet spot. If I were shooting portraits,
weddings, events, the E1 would be fine, but I'm not, so I need more. I would
like the E1 sensor's color, with lower noise and more mp.

I won't buy a digital slr without some sort of stabilization. The
Sony/Minolta is intersting, but it seems a bit large.

So, as good as the control layout is, and as good as the ergonomics look in
photos, I don't need that body. But, if the body isn't available alone, what
about the lens? You would think it would be available for the E whatever
people, but large Japanese companies don't always make decisions that make
sense to USA customers.

I remain, as before, undecided, and slightly morose.

Bill Pearce