[OM] Re: Unexpected photo opportunity - bugs

Subject: [OM] Re: Unexpected photo opportunity - bugs
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 10:16:07 -0400
I like this shot <http://timrandles.fotopic.net/c1016039.html> but I
think it would have been better to have the foreground flowers in focus
in preference to the background or maybe even both although I'm not sure
of that.  Trying to keep both in focus would dictate using a small
aperture such as f/16 or f/22.  Optimizing the depth of field might have
required using manual focus.  At f/16 or f/22 focusing just beyond the
flowers might keep both foreground and background in focus.  Depends on
the focal length you were using.  Time to learn about hyperfocal distance.

Chuck Norcutt