[OM] Re: Unexpected photo opportunity - bugs

Subject: [OM] Re: Unexpected photo opportunity - bugs
From: "Martyn Smoothy" <mds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 12:21:21 +0100
Tim,

As I understand it (cue for correction...) the extension tube doesn't change
the focal length. However, increasing the distance between the lens & the
film plane (either with an extension tube or bellows) increases image
magnification at the film plane. In the case of the 50mm f3.5 (an OM system
macro) the usual maximum  magnification is 0.5, adding a 25mm tube increases
this to 1 (ie. life size). Not sure of the exact figures when mounted on a
4/3 digital camera but the principle remains the same.

There is an extension tube available for the e-series cameras but I've not
used it - probably better off getting the correct macro lens rather than
trying to use the tube with the 14-45.

..... But, sounds like you've got plenty of interesting stuff to "shoot"
without worrying about macro - be good to see some of it...

Regards - Martyn