[OM] Re: OT - What I did while mom was in the hospital other than tensio

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - What I did while mom was in the hospital other than tension and boredom.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:47:55 -0700
Walt Wayman wrote:
> Moose,
>
> I did a lot of that with my mother and father, both of whom died of
> Alzheimer's, my father at 83 and my mother at 87. For my father, it was a
> slow, excruciating, seven-year descent into death; mother went in less than
> two. The best you can hope for is that the body craps out before the mind
> does. I test myself regularly, hoping I will know when the time comes,
> because I'll eat my Glock before I'll put my wife and kids through that
> torture.

Wow, that does sound unbearable. I'm nowhere near in that position. Dad
checked out quickly at 67. Mom is 85, and looks like she will do what
you recommend, body craps out before the mind. She's still completely
there mentally, but the body systems seem to be slowly failing.

> Stay strong and hope for the best. That's about all you can do.

I'll do that as best I can, thanks.

Moose