[OM] Re: Helpful hints for RAID

Subject: [OM] Re: Helpful hints for RAID
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:17:42 +0100
* On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 02:14:27PM -0400, Chuck Norcutt said:
> Hard drives are extraordinarily cheap and reliable and getting more so
> all the time.  As a former data center manager for 10 years I wouldn't
> touch tape with a ten foot pole.  At least for you and me in our home
> offices.

Having had personal experience with tape drives, and many friends with
similar other experiences I wouldn't go near them unless I really had no
other choice.  We're talking end of the universe type apocalypse here.
I found them to be unreliable and slow, and a multitude of other things
along the way.

Follow Chuck and stick with HDs.  :)

p.

--
oOoOo   "Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood    oOoOo
 oOoOo           who really knows where his towel is.."           oOoOo