[OM] Re: Helpful hints for RAID

Subject: [OM] Re: Helpful hints for RAID
From: "Komtanoo Pinpimai" <romerun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:29:58 -0500
IMHO, raid is hard to upgrade, you might need to replace all disks
with larger ones and when raid controller or something goes wrong in
the system ended user is unlikely to fix by himself. I've found a
solution for photo album website, called mogilefs, all it does is
automatic replicating files to other disks or other machines in
cluster. You can specify the minimum number of replica that it needs
to maintain. Upgrading is easy just buy a hard drive and mount into
mogilefs cluster. Well, as I mentioned, the solution is for photo
website, but it's possible and interesting to setup for personal use.
FMI: http://www.danga.com/mogilefs/.

On 7/20/06, ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A concise summary of RAID for photographers:
>
> http://www.westcoastimaging.com/wci/page/info/photoshoptip/tip29.html
>
> hth/ScottGee1

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

when you were born, a problem was solved