[OM] Re: Helpful hints for RAID

Subject: [OM] Re: Helpful hints for RAID
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:41:11 +0000
In a rare fit of cleaning out and throwing away, I just last week send more
than a dozen long forgotten and rarely used backup tapes to Mt. Trashmore.
Always a PITA and never reliable, either for the "save" or the "restore."

As for RAID, I always make sure the nozzle is pointed toward the bug and not at
me.

Seriously, based on advice I got here to avoid RAID, my new Dell has separate
and independent 250GB HDs. C: is for software and D: is for data files and
photos. I back D: up weekly with an outboard HD. Couldn't be more simpler. ;-]

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --