[OM] Re: Filters for T-10

Subject: [OM] Re: Filters for T-10
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 01:27:04 -0700
Jay Drew wrote:
> My theory - since the ring flash will potentially produce a ring of light,
> it's not a single point source anymore.  It may be the fact that a linear
> polarizer can handle the reflection from one angle, but it would have to
> handle it from 360 degrees, ergo, a circular polarizer.

I think you misunderstand what a circular polarizer is and how it works.
It is two layers. The first is simply a linear polarizer, which does all
the work of glare reduction just as with a single layer,  linear polarizer.

The second layer changes the light polarized in one direction from the
first layer into randomly polarized light so that light meters and AF
systems sensitive to the polarization of the light they receive aren't
made inaccurate by using a polarizer.

They effect on reflections from different directions will be the same
with either kind of polarizer.

Moose