[OM] Re: Storage devices

Subject: [OM] Re: Storage devices
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 14:15:34 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:
> Green Moose wrote:
> <snip potty talk  :-) >
>
>> And then I read something about a 6 1/2 hour boat trip on each end?
>>
> It's like a hundred and some odd feet long.
Exactly! I was fine on small boats; spent more time on them than on
school work. It was when I got on those various 95-300 foot long cutters
that the trouble started. I'm not too bad if it's flat calm.

I finally did find a solution, Dramamine and Compazine (a prescription
muscle relaxant.) You aren't supposed to mix them, but I was desperate.
That kept me from being actively seasick, no calling for Ralph. It also
made me so limp and sleepy that I wasn't good for anything. On radar
watch, it was all I could do to raise my head every minute or so and
check the screen. Fortunately, by then it was just reserve "training"
cruises out of shipping lanes and all we really had to do was avoid
hitting anybody else. The Pacific is a really, really big place, it's
actually hard to hit anything.
> We're not talking a rowboat.  (That's for getting around while ON the island).

Uh-oh, more physical labor I'm not in shape for. :-)
> Well, we'll miss your curmudgionly ways.
When did I become a curmudgeon? Did AndrewF make some secret deal behind
my back for me to cover for him while he's walkabout?

There were times earlier in my life when I aspired to curmudgeonhood.
Instead, I've become more cheerful as I've aged, especially since
retirement. Oh well, there are compensations.

> Maybe Joel can imitate you and Walt for our entertainment.

Anybody going to have a P&S with video to get a clip of that?

Moose