[OM] Re: Storage devices

Subject: [OM] Re: Storage devices
From: Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:47:35 -0600
Well, I've got nothing against hauling a laptop along, but really, if
you're flying around the country (or out -- I hope to be in Britain and
France again this September), a laptop is simply too damn big.  (Not
such a big deal if you're driving around the countryside.)  It's also
not "field-friendly."

And while everyone's extolling the virtues of being able to copy to
harddrive and burn to CD or DVD immediately for the value of extra
backups, I figure being able to move in the field is worth the (small)
risk which a much more portable device might entail.

The JOBO's one of the leaders in my opinion, but if they can't release
prior to September, it'll be something a little more mainstream like the
Epson.  Laptop?  No way.  Need that square centimetreage for other
carry-on stuff -- like the camera equipment.  And a change of tighty
whiteys should my stowed luggage go missing.  ;-)

Garth