[OM] Re: available adaptors/300MM

Subject: [OM] Re: available adaptors/300MM
From: Tim Randles <tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 08:46:15 -0700 (PDT)
Garth,

Thanks for the succinct description about the lenses, yes, that is the 2 lens
package I own, and as I said in previous mails, I'm so green that grass grows
out of my ears. This info will help me understand and make better decisions,
and likely to make better pics.

There is a lot of grizzly and other wildlife activity around where I work, and
I want to get images of them, but frankly, I dont want to come within 2Km of
the griz, and the muskox and other critters are so skittish that getting close
enough to get the whites of their eyes is just about impossible. That is one of
the main reasons I am seeking to expand the lenses I have.  Kenya will be
fantastic, but I expect that I will be on display to the animals, rather than
the other way around ( Far Side-esque).

BTW, my Grandfather was a professional photographer, worked for a company in
Holland that I dont remember the name of.  He flew all over europe in his own
plane and used Hasselbadt or something like that.  I was supposed to inherit
the developing studio and all that great camera stuff, but one of the family
members played games, and I think I got a 1920's tweed suit instead. I only met
him about 4 times in my life, too bad, I think I would have liked what he had
to show me about cameras..

Cheers.. Tim

Cheers.. Tim Randles - Sausage King

Got Elk?