[OM] Re: Somebody stop me, please....

Subject: [OM] Re: Somebody stop me, please....
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 00:04:46 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:
> Why oh why do they have to do this to me.  I was surfing around
> and found outragous deals on KM-7D cameras.  As much as I love
> my E-1, I also am totally enamoured with the 7D.  There is soooo
> much to like about that camera and it fits soooo well in the
> hand. Could it be that I need to just go ahead and buy one and
> start doing the two-system limbo?  I could get a Minolta-7 to
> handle film duties even.
>
> Am I nuts?  I need a sanity check.

OK, I'll bite. What is it that you want to do that you can't do, or
can't do well enough, with the cameras you have?

Based on your prior posts, it appears that the A1 and E-1 handle your
event photography with aplomb.

If you just need something new, why not get an E-330? More pixels, live
view for those awkward angle shots and what looks to be the best macro
setup ever designed for an SLR. And it uses your existing OM and 4/3
mount lenses and the coming super Leica lenses. If nothing else, it
should be a lot of fun learning to use it to get the best out of it.

If you need something for art photography, landscapes, etc., no matter
how the KM handles, it isn't even in the ballpark with a 5D for the
images it can capture. Which is more important?
> I know, I'm going a little stir-crazy waiting for the E-1
> replacement...

Yeah, it's tough not having something you really want available when the
psychological time for something new comes around. Maybe that's a
marketing factor that Oly doesn't understand?

Moose