[OM] Re: no Alaska shots :-(

Subject: [OM] Re: no Alaska shots :-(
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:11:14 -0700
On 6/26/06 4:35 PM, "Russ Butler" <russ@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We just returned from our motorcycle trip to Alaska from NJ and it was
> super. Alaska and the ride up and down thru MT, BC and the Yukon are
> incredibly beautiful. Snow capped mountains were in view for 19 of
> the 33 day trip!
>
> Unfortunately I don't have any OM shots to share as my OM-1n failed in
> route.

Sorry to hear about the OM-1!

I made a similar trip in 2000 on my R80G/S Paris Dakar, returning to Seattle
via Banff and Lake Louise. The most spectacular and awe-inspiring landscapes
I've ever seen.

I was carrying a Nikon FG, which also partially failed, but not 'till the
end of the trip. Due to operator error--I didn't replace the batteries.
Luckily I had my XA....

Gotta get those slides scanned someday....

-Rob in Seattle