[OM] Re: Moose's F30 suggestion

Subject: [OM] Re: Moose's F30 suggestion
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:02:36 -0300
Some people have a harder time to adjust than others, and some who've gone
with us, even those quite a bit younger than I am or who are in good shape
physically, just do not adjust at all. I have seen altitude sickness show
itself in a number of ways, from upset stomach, headache, numbness in face
or limbs, etc. Descending down to less than 10,000 fixes most people almost
immediately. I don't normally have too much problem, except I run out of
wind really fast, especially walking uphill. Above 14,000 feet I can choose
to walk or talk, but not both at the same time. Sometimes I wake up at
night, dreaming I'm short of breath. It's probably not a good place to be if
anyone has sleep apnea.
The other caution is, be very careful opening a 2-litre of coke.
Wayne