[OM] Re: Re Moose's F30 suggestion

Subject: [OM] Re: Re Moose's F30 suggestion
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:33:31 +0000
I will confess to having epoxied a filter ring onto a wonderful old 90mm f/8
Ilex-Calumet Wide Field Caltar lens a few years ago.  This lens easily covers
the 5x7 in. format, so cherry-picking the center of the image with a 6x9cm
Crown Graphic produces trannies as sharp at the corners as in the middle.

But to the point: Why not just make the correction in post processing.  The
effects of an 81A filter should be easy enough.  I've got bunches and bunches
of filters, but I don't use any, except polarizers, for digital since it's so
easy to mimic the effects in either PWP or PS.

But, of course, if you're going to eschew post processing and just have prints
made straight out of the camera, that brings us back to the subject of epoxy.
Now, the way I start is...

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from