[OM] Re: ? on B&W photography

Subject: [OM] Re: ? on B&W photography
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:36:39 -0700 (PDT)
> While I generally agree with Schnozz, and it's thanks to him
> that I regularly use DD-X, I don't like the Delta or T-Max
> film one little bit.

So I can eliminate one "I agree with AG Schnozz" T-Shirt for the
workshop?

Delta 100 has an awkward response curve that is easily made even
more awkward through poor development. It's hard to get good
seperation in Zones II-III. Looks "bulky". T-Max is just an
aweful film all the way around.

There is ONE Delta film which is absolutely the cat's meow,
though.  And the brain-trust at Ilford couldn't figure out to
make it in sheets.  Delta 400 is by far my most favorite film of
all time. What it does for skintones is what legends are made
of. Slap an orange filter on the lens and zits, scars and moles
simply disappear. I believe it has something to do with an
extended near-IR response. End of the line, though. There will
never again be a new film that is anything but a rehash of old.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com