[OM] ? on B&W photography

Subject: [OM] ? on B&W photography
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:24:27 EDT
Here's an on-topic post :-)

I'm next in line for the Odyssey camera traveling around the  North America.
I want to produce some black & white photos, but haven't  done any B&W in 25
years. I'm wondering what would be the best route to come  up with the end
product I want (B&W prints & digital files): shoot with  a traditional B&W neg
film and have longer processing time, shoot with a  C-41 B&W film to get the
faster processing time at a local minilab, or shoot  color and then convert to
B&W
in my computer, which I've never done. I have  a KM Scan Elite 5400 II and
Photoshop Elements 3 for computer  manipulation.

I'd appreciate any and all opinions on the subject.

Greg