[OM] Re: Film scanner + Vuescan opinions wanted

Subject: [OM] Re: Film scanner + Vuescan opinions wanted
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:37:30 -0700
A number of us are very happy with our Polaroid film scanners. They
were made by Microtek who does not support them, but a used Microtek
should be very good. Nice, nonLED scanners.

VueScan is a very capable scanning driver with kind of an obtuse and
unattractive interface. Nice thing about it besides how powerful it
is, is that you only have to learn it once and can keep transferring
it to your next scanner. The guy who writes it is amazingly
responsive and you see stories from time to time of people who
contacted him with a complaint or suggestion and a new version with
the correction issued the next day.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA