[OM] Re: Film scanner + Vuescan opinions wanted

Subject: [OM] Re: Film scanner + Vuescan opinions wanted
From: Philip Pemberton <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:48:19 +0100
In message <44904FF5.2050808@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You just don't understand the real criteria yet.  Decide for infra-red
> dust elimination above all else.

The problem being it adds a fair bit to the price tag. Most of my negatives
are stored in plastic or paper pouches, so dust shouldn't be a problem. If I
end up scanning a really dusty negative, I'll probably end up using a
blower-brush to blast the dust off, or use isopropyl if it's got grease or
fingerprints on it. That seems to be what Kodak are recommending now that
TCE is no longer available.

--
Phil.                         | Kitsune: Acorn RiscPC SA202 64M+6G VF+UniPod
philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx         | Cheetah: Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxeV2 1G+180G