[OM] Re: Can somebody send me an ORF file from an E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Can somebody send me an ORF file from an E-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:09:39 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> Sure it will. DNG support was added with the ACR v. 2.3 update for CS.
>
> http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2609

Thanks for the link. I already updated to 2.4 some time ago so I could
open 20D files somebody posted or sent to me. So it should work, but it
doesn't.

Maybe it has to do with the 5D in some way? I converted some 5D CR2
files to DNG. CS shows the thumbnails, but won't open the files.

I think it doesn't matter much anyway at this point. Converting to DNG
just uses up more file space. Using RSE or DPP generates TIFFs, but I
can delete them after I've created whatever changes I want  and saved
them into PSDs and/or JPEGs. The converters generate tiny reference
files that keep track of how they made the TIFFs, so I can recreate any
time I want, but don't have the storage overhead.

Moose