[OM] Re: E-1 battery charger

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 battery charger
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 06:52:46 -0500
On 6/11/06, JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   Thanks to all those who replied to my query regarding the Olympus battery
> charger. It has
> confirmed my feelings that the standard charger WILL work on 240v.
>   I am VERY wary of salespeople trying to persuade me to buy "essential
> extras"
>   Of course what he did NOT offer was the 14-55mm lens hood :-(
>    Now I feel that really is an essential extra.
>
> Regards
>   John Duggan,
>      Wales, UK

When I am offered "essential extras" by the salespeople over the phone
is exactly when I end the transaction altogether.

I am actually somewhat appalled that Cameta seem to act like the NY
camera stores we have come to know and loath.  They were great to work
with when I bought my E-1 via eBay, but now that you mention it, I did
have to follow up about the lens hood, which was fortunately mentioned
as included in the eBay description.  This happened to at least one
other person as well (that I know of).  Weasels ...

Joel W.