[OM] Re: E-1 Dust Cleaning Required

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 Dust Cleaning Required
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 21:26:52 -0400
At 06:03 PM 6/5/2006, you wrote:
>We're not talking coatings of dust, but not far from it either.
>
>Since I've never cleaned a sensor in my life, I'm not sure what
>the best course of action is for cleaning out the mirror chamber
>of the E-1. Maybe some Canonoids can help me out here. ;-)

Canonoids? Canonoids? Dark-siders, ego maniacs, pixel zealots,
5D bedlamites,  ... is this what we are? I guess that must mean we
have some kind of useful skills? That dirt in the camera is some
how associated with .... *Canonoids*?? That we some how know
about the dark dirty side of things? ... well, ok, maybe we do know
a thing or two about the dirty side of digital photography. But I'm not
sure we should fill you in on our dirty little secrets. ... but never the
less, I will. Makes me think of the first time the father has to take
care of a dirty diaper, they have to be told the procedure so they
can get through it as quickly as possible. It's a smelly job really.
So, wiping is what is required. Get some plastic cut to shape, put
a PecPad around it, a touch of denatured alcohol, and a single
wipe. If you wipe too much, it spreads the smelly stuff around
and then you have a major cleaning job. So, one or two quick
wipes with the clean pad and a touch of alcohol. Don't over
do it. Just have to be decisive and not get distracted by the
smell,... I mean fear of dirt.

WayneS