[OM] E-1 Dust Cleaning Required

Subject: [OM] E-1 Dust Cleaning Required
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 15:03:56 -0700 (PDT)
Ok, Here's the situation.

I was changing lenses Sunday (left handed with the thumb
depressing the button) and discovered that the mirror was just
coated with dust.  Nasty looking environment. I guess that a 15
months of use with no maintenance and hundreds of lens changes
has really done a job on the inside of the camera. In looking
things over, I'm suspecting that the sub-mirror and the AF
sensor is also pretty grotty.

We're not talking coatings of dust, but not far from it either.

Since I've never cleaned a sensor in my life, I'm not sure what
the best course of action is for cleaning out the mirror chamber
of the E-1. Maybe some Canonoids can help me out here. ;-)

Oh, to answer the one question pressing on everybody's mind:
The sensor is sparkling clean.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com