[OM] Re: 1st roll with an OM

Subject: [OM] Re: 1st roll with an OM
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:15:44 +1000
> priit@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Anyway, I decided to post some pictures from my first roll
> shot with an OM camera. They are not significant in any
> other way.
>
> http://www.softshark.ee/~priit/13/

I very much like #4
http://www.softshark.ee/~priit/13/04.jpg

My usual bias wants me to see it in black-and-white, with
a mild warm/sepia tone, but it's still enjoyable as is. It
would probably be just a tad better in softer/overcast light,
where the highlights on the grass and the building on the
left didn't vie for attention, but, nevertheless, I would
be very happy to have taken it myself.  The detail in the
wheel, wheel-arch, missing door handle, missing paint, and
oor hinge, drag you around the picture, picking up more
details as you go. The house behind the car even seems to
have a hint of the ramshackle itself, which adds to the
picture (this is where I find out it's your house
and that I've just insulted your home-maintenance skills ;-))

I've a fondness for nicely composed photos of older cars, be
they delapidated or restored, and go to the NRMA (a motoring
association) display in the streets of Sydney on Australia Day
every year. It's a bugger to take photos, with the hoards
sneaking into frame everywhere (and I've a tendency to
overprocess the hell out of the results to cover a multitude
of photographic sins :-) ):

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v233/montsnmags/AusDay2006/

Cheers,
Marc