[OM] Re: [OM]Mute Swans, was Re: Like a bad penny, I am back, OT now BB

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM]Mute Swans, was Re: Like a bad penny, I am back, OT now BBQ
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 07:56:31 -0400
US Fish & Wildlife authorities (perhaps Canadian as well) consider the
Mute Swan (european) to be a highly destructive and invasive species
here.  They would probably be hunted to rapid extinction if it weren't
so politically incorrect to kill those cute little cygnets now swimming
with their moms and pops in the local ponds.

The local foxes and coyotes are trying their best however.  Three out of
four of one brood recently disappeared in short order.

Chuck Norcutt

  No native mammal can be hunted here