[OM] Re: Like a bad penny, I am back, OT now BBQ

Subject: [OM] Re: Like a bad penny, I am back, OT now BBQ
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 23:23:47 +0000
Like I said, I could be wrong.  :-)

I have been, and remain, a staunch and enthusiastic supporter of the effort to
reintroduce the red wolf into the Smokies.

http://www.great.smoky.mountains.national-park.com/info.htm#wolf

I actually saw one about dusk one day in late October in Cade's Cove a few
years ago.  I was, as usual, too surprised and too slow to get a shot -- a
photograph, I mean.  Anyway, it was far away and I would've needed at least a
500mm lens and ASA 4000 film for it to be distinguisable from somebody's stray
hound.

Your gray wolves are more dangerous perhaps.  Anyway, I'm a great admirer of
the wolf, and so I ask, what's the big deal about them scarfing up the
occasional human?  If there's one species on this planet that's not endangered,
it's them.  And I know several that nobody would miss.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --