[OM] Re: E-1 with generic auto-thyristor flash

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 with generic auto-thyristor flash
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 00:25:04 -0700
Peter Klein wrote:
> Is there some issue with old "auto-thyristor" flashes and digital cameras
> that would lead to inconsistent exposure? Somebody told me that when you
> combine auto-thyristor electronic flash with a digital sensor, the digital
> sensor may not "see" what the thyristor does. Anyone know more about this?

Several people have reported good results using T32s with E-thingies
with Manual mode on the camera body and auto mode on the flash. So I
don't think it is a generic problem.

I seem to recall one post where the user set the shutter to sync speed
on the camera using one of the Auto modes and got bad results before
tweaking to the need to set the camera on full Manual, set appropriate
shutter speed for sync and set aperture to match the flash.

Beyond that, I can't help, being neither an E-thingie owner nor much of
a flash user.

Moose