[OM] Re: Testing, OM adapter, M42 to Olympus OM-2

Subject: [OM] Re: Testing, OM adapter, M42 to Olympus OM-2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 19:41:51 -0400
Although you have one lens which works, it should not work according to
the specs.  The M42 registration distance is 45.46mm and the OM
registration distance is 46mm.  There's 0.54mm of problem area in those
specs to achieving infinity focus *not* including the thickness of the
adapter.  My guess is that your 105/2.8 Takumar probably focuses a
little past inifinity on a Pentax body.

The M42 adapter should not be advertised as achieving infinity focus
unless it has an optical element.

Chuck Norcutt