[OM] Re: Testing, OM adapter, M42 to Olympus OM-2

Subject: [OM] Re: Testing, OM adapter, M42 to Olympus OM-2
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:28:29 -0700
If you have one lens which reaches infinity (assuming that lens doesn't
normally focus past infinity) seems to imply the adapter is the right
thickness. The other five lenses must not be seating correctly on the
adapter. Look at the adapter and lenses carefully to see if you find what
prevents the 5 lenses from seating snug up against it.

The adapter not locking to your camera may be a combination of wear to the
body and a less than perfect tab on the adapter. I had a Zuiko that would
fall off of one particular body. It was caused by a little wear to both the
camera mount and wear to the zuiko mount. Squaring up an edge on the camera
mount got it so it wouldn't fall off.

Good luck,
-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

First complaint, the adapter doesn't quite lock into place on my OM body. It
starts to, I think, as I can feel a little click, but it never quite
actually
locks.

-snip

Results of a few tests of fit and focus with six of my Pentax lenses:

    35mm f/3.5 Super Takumar Type II  focuses from about 1 foot to about 8
feet.

    50mm f/1.4 Super Takumar Type II  focuses from about 1 foot to about 9
feet.

    50mm f/1.4 Super Takumar  Type II  focuses from about 15" to about 15
feet.

    50mm f/1.4 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar  Type II  focuses from about 1 ft.
       about 15 feet.

    50mm f/1.4 SMC Takumar  Type II.  Won't fully seat. Lacks about 1/32
from
       fully seating. Focus test not done.

    105mm f/2.8 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar. Focuses from about 4 ft. to
       infinity! Exactly as marked on the lens body. Hooray! One out of six!

keith whaley