[OM] Re: Article in Orion Magazine

Subject: [OM] Re: Article in Orion Magazine
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:56:07 +0100
Interesting indeed.  For those whose local interest was piqued, from the
details he gives I am pretty certain that the loch he describes is Loch
Morar, and he was standing close by 56 58' N - 5 49' W.  For those on the
list with Scots forbears, you may like to know that it is not far from the
spot where Charles Edward Stuart landed in August 1745 at the outset of the
rebellion commemorated by the Glenfinnan Monument
http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/glenfinnan/monument/index.html.

--
Piers