[OM] Re: Article in Orion Magazine

Subject: [OM] Re: Article in Orion Magazine
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 02:54:23 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> And how people these days have stood on a ridge and seen unbroken
> forest stretching to the horizon - not many.

There are certainly still places in California where you can see that,
and I would assume it's true of Oregon and Washington. I've also seen it
in Maine and New Hampshire, and it's probably true of some other parts
of the NE. Also some places in the SE, although it will generally be
young forest, I think.

Things are far from what they were, but there are still patches big
enough for such views.

Moose