[OM] Re: Scenic New England and PTLens [was, New photo essay posted]

Subject: [OM] Re: Scenic New England and PTLens [was, New photo essay posted]
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 14:25:22 -0400
At 12:36 PM 5/26/2006, you wrote:
>As long as you have a high res image to start with or you don't make
>terribly large corrections.  Geometric distortion of the images
>necessarily squashes and stretches pixels density in the areas being
>squashed and stretched.  OK if you've got plenty of pixels to go around.
>
>Chuck Norcutt

Yeah, I usually want to reserve those extra pixels to fix my horizon line :-)
Which I have discovered is caused a lot by my nose. I tend to put my
head at an angle so my nose is not squished against the camera.
With the 5D I have more than once pressed a button on the left side
with my nose. With my head tilted, the pictures also tend to get
tilted. I have to make a conscious effort to square my crooked head.

WayneS