[OM] Re: Scenic New England and PTLens [was, New photo essay posted]

Subject: [OM] Re: Scenic New England and PTLens [was, New photo essay posted]
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 17:41:12 +0100
Spot on target, Rand.  And strangely, one of the examples for ImageAlign
(the other product which Moose pointed out) gives just such an example which
is shown here:
http://www.grasshopperonline.com/solution_pics/simon.htm with the following
narrative by the photographer:

"Thought you might like to see what great results I'm getting with the use
of your program. I took this shot using my Sinar P2 4x5 camera with a 90mm
lens, using its full corrections but still couldn't get it because the lens
was running out of its image circle, so using the vertical plus 7.50
completely corrected the shot. A great combination of the old and the new."

Yes, not just a poor man's shift lens, but a helper for a not-so-poor-man's
4x5 view camera!

--
Piers